Jira test mail vs notifications

Ricardo Caeiro June 10, 2018
Hi all,

A little while ago we were experiencing some issue's with Jira not sending notifications.

On the other hand, Jira did actually send out test emails when trying to send out a test mail.

After all it seemed we had a 'deny all' rule set on a NSG. How could it be that Jira still managed to send out test emails?

Regards,

2 comments

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2018

Hi @Ricardo Caeiro,

So the question now is whether you want to receive notifications or not?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2018

Hi @Ricardo Caeiro,

just to get it right, you set up mailing in Jira, but you think you are blocking all mails and now want to know, why Jira still sends some emails?

Ricardo Caeiro June 11, 2018

Hi Guys,

Thanks for replying.

The issue is fixed already and Jira now is sending out email notifications. But I was just wondering how it can be that Jira succeeds to send out test emails, while email notifications are not being send and getting stuck in queue?

especially when we have an in/outbund rule set with 'deny all'. So, in theory, Jira should also not be able to send test emails, but it did.

Is there a special way in which Jira treats test mails different than usual email notifications?

Regards, 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2018

Hi @Ricardo Caeiro,

I think, but I am not sure, that notifications are marked in the mail header as auto-generated/bulk mails whereas test mails are not.

Maybe thats a difference.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events