Jira service desk - How to add new language (ie. Slovenian)

Jovan Milicevic January 15, 2018

Hi all,

I would like to add a new language (Slovenian) to Jira service desk but I can't do that.
Offical documentation https://translations.atlassian.com/dashboard/download?lang=sl_SI#/JIRA Service Desk Cloud/1000.949.0 doesn't look valid for me, because I can't find the option to upload plugin.

Can you please help me how to make it work for Jira service desk and Confluence, so I can have customer portal and wiki on Slovenian language

Thanks in advance!

5 comments

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2018

Hello Jovan,

What do you mean by "can't find the option to upload plugin"? Is there an Upload add-on button on the Manage add-ons screen, or you just have some kind of an error while uploading?Screenshot_19.png

Jovan Milicevic January 22, 2018

Hello Dzimitry,

Sorry for my late response, I didn't notice when you answered me.

I can't find the option to manage add-ons in the new look of Jira Service Cloud. Here is the setting screen for me.

Can you please tell me where to find it?

jira_menu.png

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 22, 2018

It is right there in the applications menu - just one more click is needed :)

Screenshot_20.png

Thanks again for quick reply. I got there but nothing again, no upload link. Finally, I clicked on settings and then enable Private listing

jira_settings_private_listings.png

So full process is:

1. Menu
  2. Site administrations
  3. Discover applications
  4. Discover more Jira addons
  5. Manage add-ons
  6. Settings -> Enable private listings
  7. Upload add-on

Little bit longer than I hoped and I couldn't find add-on screen via any search

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 22, 2018

I'm glad that you eventually found it :) Hope I was helpful.

Now I have another problem, I can't install slovenian translation from https://translations.atlassian.com/dashboard/download?lang=sl_SI#/JIRA Service Desk/3.9.0-m0124

When I try to add link to jar file I got

jira_slovenian_error.png

Jovan Milicevic January 23, 2018

As I said yesterday, I managed to get upload add-on link, but I can't upload translation jar from here https://translations.atlassian.com/dashboard/download?lang=sl_SI#/JIRA Service Desk/3.10.0

I can only add " Atlassian Connect add-on descriptor". 

jira_addon_connect.png

My goal is to have Jira Service Desk localized to Slovenian, any help is more than welcome :)

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2018

You could try going DIY with it, using Translation for Jira Service Desk. This can help even if you find a way to install the Slovenian translation pack, because these packs aren't always full and correct for less frequently used languages, so you might need to edit the translations anyway.

Also, unlike the default packs, the app allows you to translate custom fields on your Customer Portal and make it multilingual, if you need it :)

Thanks again for the quick response, but... I can't use this plugin. We use Cloud instance of service desk, and it makes things more complicated for translation. Even though this plugin would be a perfect match for us.

jira_translation.png

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2018

Oh, I see. Sorry for a mismatch.

I think you should report a ticket to Atlassian Support to handle this.

Can you please tell me how to do that?

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2018

Sure :)

Here's their support project for Service Desk Cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSDCLOUD/issues/JSDCLOUD-4648?filter=allopenissues

Simply create a ticket like you do with any other issue in Jira, describe your problem in detail and attach some screenshots. You can also provide them with a link to this thread, so they know more and can help you faster.

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2018

Good luck Jovan!

If you need further help, feel free to drop me a line :)

Thank you Dzmitry, I really appreciate your help! :)

Tjaša Cavnik October 15, 2019

Hello Jovan, 

did you manage to set customer portal in Slovenian language? 

Jovan Milicevic December 6, 2019

Hi Tjasa,
At the end we moved to Zendesk for the customer portal. 

What you picked for a customer portal?

Stan Stankovic November 27, 2020

"...The AtlassianTranslationsplatform has been retired..." and the link mentioned above: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213698/translation-for-jira-service-management?hosting=server&tab=overview does NOT work with cloud version. What choice gives Atlassian then to the customers?

Development Cvele October 5, 2021

Ali ti je mogoče uspelo prevesti v slovenščino?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events