Jira automation gets assigned to tickets which dilutes tickets ownership

Mohamed Elawadi June 13, 2022

Hi, 

I have a Jira automation role to automatically transition project tickets from state to different state depending on github status. For example, when pull request is created -> put the ticket to onReview 

The functionality works correctly but the problem is that tickets get assigned to `Jira Automation` user as they move, which overrides the assignee and dilutes ticket ownership as all tickets eventually lost its owner as it moves between columns.

I read in this Actor article

It either has to be either a Jira Automation user or a specific user! How can I preserve the ticket assignee as it moves between states? Thank you!

1 comment

Ryan June 13, 2022

First, check the automation to make sure it's not changing the assignee to itself when it makes the transition.  

I'm not familiar with the pull request trigger for Automation, but you should be able to edit the issue to have the assignee be the person that triggered the rule as part of that rule.

Another possibility is that your workflow (or another automation) may be setting the assignee as part of that transition.

Like Yvan Martin likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events