Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Perforce integration

Maksim Zhumakhanov September 25, 2017

Hi, community!

I'm not first asking about integration between Jira and Perforce in community. So, I have some details. I'm testing FishEye for integration purposes, but I already met several issues.

At first, I'm using Perforce jobs for integration Perforce with Bugzilla, so my system already has several requirements to jobspec. Therefore, I had to modify my current jobspec to match Jira requirements. Jira jobspec requirements are not flexible. I had to modify my system configuration (jobspec) for Jira, but not Jira configuration for my system. I saw jobspec fields mapping in Jira, but they didn't help me in integration process. So, there is some constraints in flexibility.

The second, when Jira is creating ticket, it sets Perforce job status as open, but for compatibility with current configuration I need other - "assigned" instead of "open" and Jira not customizable in this way.

The third, why Jira creates tickets, it writes ticket's title in Perforce Job's "Description" field. Why tickets title in "Description" field and not in "Summary" field? And where Jira does write tickets description in Perforce Job? I think, there is no customizations in Jira too...

May be I don't have to use FishEye for integration with Perforce and have to use Jira webhooks in pair with Perforce triggers for deeply customizable integration?

What can you say about Helix Swarm for integration between Jira and Perforce - would it be better (in your own opinion) than FishEye or, may be, webhooks would be the best choice?

And the last, some funny bug addressed to support. In FishEeye - lines count after about 2 Bln. continued from number below zero. I think, counter has 32-bit signed integer and need to be changed to unsigned:

image.png

Thank you.

1 comment

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events