Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management and Jira Software can be integrated

Balquidia Franchesca Núñez Santana December 15, 2022

The graphics, administration and visualization in Jira Work Management is more interesting than that of Jira Software. Is there any way to integrate Jira Work projects with Jira Software project

1 comment

Comment

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Balquidia Franchesca Núñez Santana

to the best of my knowledge, you can pull issues from Jira Work Management (JWM) into your Jira Software (JSW) boards etc., as these are based on configurable JQL statements, which can include any issue of your site. However, I believe you cannot pull issues from JSW into your JWM views, as these are "project-centric" in that you only see the issues from the current project. I believe to remember that there's an open ticket that suggests to remove this limitation, but I couldn't easily find it.

I understand that this may not solve all your use cases, but another thing to consider is that most of JWM's new capabilities are also available from the Atlassian Marketplace, through 3rd-party apps. These apps usually work for and across all project types. E.g., if you'd like to use a calendar view, this app may be useful. I myself work on an interactive spreadsheet/list view for your issues that works with all project types, named JXL for Jira. There are also various apps for forms, though I haven't tried them myself.

You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your site, it may be free forever. So if the Marketplace is an option for you, perhaps try out a few and see if they might help solving your use cases.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Balquidia Franchesca Núñez Santana December 15, 2022

Thank you, you are very kind and your recommendations are very good.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events