Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Swagger codegen compilation failure

mat1e March 23, 2021

Hello,

I am actually doing a rest api client for Jira for integration tools.

Firstly I was going to use jira-rest-java-client-api but it cannot manage project and user...

I found many discussions on the Jira swagger but when I try to generate the client code with swagger-codegen-maven-plugin, I got a compilation error with Java 11 :

FieldValueClause.java:[45,5] as of release 9, '_' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier

It looks like the swagger model is not working with java 11, so I changed my compiler to Java 8 but I got an other compilation error :

IssueTypeSchemesApi.java:[52,48] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class IssueTypeIDs
[ERROR] location: class io.swagger.client.api.IssueTypeSchemesApi

I saw the class IssueTypeIDs has wrong name declaration, the file is named IssueTypeIDs but the class name is IssueTypeIds.

Related to this error report during compilation :

bad source file: C:\...\IssueTypeIDs.java
file does not contain class io.swagger.client.model.IssueTypeIDs
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the sourcepath.

Do you know a solution to this? I saw this tutorial : https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/update-to-jira-clouds-swagger-openapi-docs/ is using codegen directly but I prefer to use the maven plugin to generate the client code during compilation if possible.

My environment :

swagger json : swagger-v3.v3.json 

codegen version : swagger-codegen-maven-plugin 3.0.25 (tries with 3.0.24 and 3.0.20)

Java 8.

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu DELROCQ

1 comment

Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2021

This should be fixed now. Try downloading a new copy of the spec.

Like mat1e likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events