Jira Service accounts and app integrations.

Yael Holland November 12, 2020

I need your help with a way to properly create, maintain, decomission, and properly setup app integration with Jira... account can get out of control quite quickly if not properly taken care of..

Here are my questions..

Can I create one dedicated Jira user account to be used for all integrations that requiere the same privilege access? ex. Say I need to integrate Jira with Jenkins as well as with GitHub... can I use the same Jira service account? My next question is... can a single jira service account be assigned more then one token? or one token per account and per integration regardless of privileges needed?

Lastly,

What Atlassian recommends as best practices to set up app integration with its products, and how to manage the service accounts to create, maintain, and eventually decomission this accounts and integrations?

1 comment

Comment

Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 13, 2020

Hey there, if you're looking for an integration solution I would recommend a company I work for, Unito! With this, you'll be able to integrate GitHub and Jira. If I'm understanding correctly, you will also be able to use the same account to link to multiple boards, so your workflow could look something like this (with whichever tools you use, if its just Jira and Github that works too): 

Workflow_2.pngIs this what you had in mind?

Here's a link that might be of help!

Let me know if you have any questions :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events