• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Rest Java Client (JRJC) vs Jira Rest API

I was asked to create a client process in spring boot ( java ) to communicate with Jira application.

The end goal is to create , update & fetch issues in Jira. I've also needed to add attachments and comments to the issues in Jira.

After some research, I found two methods of communication with Jira from spring boot. My question is what would be the ideal approach out of these two options. I see JRJC seems kind of old approach. When I try to find the articles on that all of them leads back to 2010. Not sure if I really need to use JRJC for my assignment. 

1. Jira Rest Java Client ( JRJC )

2. Jira REST API

P.S : We use Jira server product in my organization.

Thanks,

1 comment

There is only one method of communication here. 

The JRJC is not a communication layer, it is a library of code that understands Jira's data so you don't have to write your own stuff from scratch.  It uses the REST API to talk to a Jira.

Like gopi krishna likes this

Thanks much appreciated for your inputs.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you