Jira Hierarchy Question - Please Help

Roei Soudai June 3, 2018

Hi,

I used Jira to work as follow:

Jira Structure.png

My question is related to the connection I made with Story, Task, and sub-task.

A story is a Sprint container of one or more tasks.

Each Task should be defined by the PM such as Feature Design, Feature Implementation, Feature, Research...

Sub-Tasks are the development breakdown to small pieces and are created and maintained by the developers. Sub-tasks own worklog and effort estimation

1)  I do see the Sub Tasks Time spent is calculated on the Task level but I do not see that aggregate to the Story.

2)  Maybe there is a different approach to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Roei

3 comments

Tyler Brown-Jones June 3, 2018

By the looks of your question, this is related to Jira software (Server)

Unfortunately this has not been implemented, please see and vote on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9167. 

However, there is a workaround in the comments by the user named Alexandre Ouicher ( https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-9167#comment-1038295 )

This works for us as a current fix. 

Hope this helps.

Deleted user June 4, 2018

+1 to Tyler

Roei Soudai June 4, 2018

Sorry, as mention I`m new in this community.

Will do.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :-)

Tyler Brown-Jones June 4, 2018

I was only kidding :-D 

Thanks though! Hope it resolves your issues and remember to vote on the link I provided, every vote helps!

Roei Soudai June 4, 2018

I did, thank you

Roei Soudai June 4, 2018

B.T.W, 

Can I add a script to a customized field in Jira cloud without paying for an add-on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

No, you need add-ons

Deleted user June 4, 2018

Hi @Roei Soudai,

Unfortunately, as @Tyler Brown-Jones mentioned you either need to use a workaround or look into an add-on. A shame really when you would expect the hierarchy behaviour to be consistent.

If we keep voting though we can move in a direction that leads to an improved product. :) 

Thanks

Roei Soudai June 4, 2018

Thank you

Tyler Brown-Jones June 4, 2018

Wow, I didn't even get the gratitude or upvote :O 

Your welcome anyhow.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

We have aggregated the Time Spent to Stories and even to Epic as well.

Used couple of scripted fields and added Java scripts to calculate the values. 

Roei Soudai June 4, 2018

Hi,

With which tool? did you needed an add-on (Jira on the Cloud)

Roei

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2018

Yea, we have used script runner plugin on Server. Never used cloud version and hence not sure if you have scripted fields in Script Runner for JIRA Cloud. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events