Jira Email Notification

CHILLAMCHARLA VARUN May 6, 2019

Hello friends,

I have question regarding email notification. In one project i have 7 issue types so i need to get email only the comment email  for only 1 issue type no other issue type should not get email when comment the ticket issue. is it possible?can you help how to solve this issue. I have changed the workflow that the fire event changed to Issue Comment?

thanks.

1 comment

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

Hi CHILLAMCHARLA

Without add-on it is impossible. I'll reccomend to use Automation for JIRA - Server Lite (link).

It is free add-on where you can create rule what you need.I thonk you can do this like this:

- create new event in JIRA based on issue commented event

- create rule in Automation plugin where if someone add new comment in issue with specific issue type you will trigger created custom event

- in notification scheme this custom event should be configured

If you need help - please let me know :)

Regards,

Sebastian

Like CHILLAMCHARLA VARUN likes this
CHILLAMCHARLA VARUN May 7, 2019

Hello Sebastian,

Where i need to select specific issue type in automation lite jira?

1) I have created the Event and i have configure default notification scheme

2) I have created the rule but i cannot see which issue type to need to add?

thanks

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019
Like # people like this
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2019

I hope that my answer was helpful. If yes, please consider marking my answer as accepted : )

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events