Jira Core and Jira Confluence

Sokom November 8, 2019

Hi, 

we a re going to install Jira Core and Confluence in our infrastructure. There seem to be very valid products.

I read in documentation that Confluence requires an external database (we will use postgres). But I failed to find a clear indication regarding Jira Core.

Do we need external databases for both?

If the answer is yes, can we use an instance of postgre on a virtual machine for both? Or do we need two separate databases?

Thanks

1 comment

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

Yes they both need databases.  You can use the same postgres server for both, but you will be setting up different databases within postgres. (with different users ideally) One for Jira and One for Confluence.

Running postgres on a VM is fine.

I would suggest running your postgres on a separate server from your Jira and Confluence instances. Ideally use a separate VM for all 3. They all use resources in different ways, and while it can work having all on one server, you will run into resource contention and performance issues eventually.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events