Jira 7 with Oracle 12C in multitenant setup

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hi,

I have a requirement to upgrade an old jira 5 to the latest version of jira 7 with oracle 12c.

The database server is multitenant and i can't find any specific information in the docs about this kind of setup.

I'd like to ask if someone is using this setup in production and if it's working well.

Thanks a lot!

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

You can continue to use the existing database and simply upgrade it.

You will need to go through Jira 6.4, and 7.0 before upgrading to the latest one though.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Thanks Nic!

Current database is 10g and it's supposed to go EOL shortly.

There're no consequences on using 12c in multitenant mode?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Does not matter, as long as the schema your Jira uses is isolated from other databases.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2017

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events