JQL to retrieve children and grand children of an initiative

Venky January 17, 2022

All

We use On-Prem version of Jira, and need help with JQL.  We have the hierarchy Initiative --> EPic --> Story.   Is there a way to retrieve not only the children of initiative (that is Epics) but also the stories underneath for each initiative?

2 comments

Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Venky , 

with Epic Sum Up (our plugin) we have created a feature called Containers, which allow you to have a more flexible way of stacking issues (compared to initiatives & co.). But we support all hierarchies from Jira Roadmaps, too. 

To support this, we created an JQL that gives back all child issues beyond your selected issue:

issue in childIssuesOfContainer(PESU-4884)

This works for Jira Hierarchies too:

screenshot-jira.aptis.info-2022.01.18-07_05_55.png

I hope that helps. If you want to know more, pls let me know.

Like Arsenii Al-Vardi likes this
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Venky  

Welcome to the community !!

For a readymade solution to extract your issue hierarchy, we have created an app

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

You can also view the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues, Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

Key features :

• Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels
  • Ability to add/remove the columns on the report

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Worklogs reports etc which the app provides.

Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers of the app

Links Hierarchy.png

Venky January 30, 2022

Thank you.

Like Rahul_RVS_Support likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events