JIRA bombing alerts noise

Miles October 30, 2017

Hello,

Do you remember back in the 90's when email bombing was still an effective attack?

Well JIRA makes me think a bit about that, considering the number of emails it sent me which are not relevant!

• I create tickets, but I don't necessarily need to know if someone add a comment.
  • I write a comment, but I don't necessarily need to know that someone else replied to another comment on the same ticket.
  • I create tickets, but I don't necessarily need to know about its activities until the ticket is assigned back to me.

You get my point? With JIRA it feels like it's either be notified about everything, including someone adding a coma, or nothing.

Any of you managed to solve this? (without creating a JIRA ticket ;)

1 comment

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Hello,

You can limit notifications which Jira sends to users. Notification schemes are used for this task. Every project has a notification scheme which you can setup as a Jira Administrator.

Have a look at this artice:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-notification-schemes-868982885.html

Miles October 31, 2017

Very well, the feature exists. Problem is, my admins are not going to spend their time tweaking it ( we have dozens or projects).

This should be left in the hand of the end users as, ultimately, it's the end user who chooses to read the notification emails, and guess what happens when he/she receives too many and unrelevant emails? ...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events