JIRA Software 7.10 - Server - I LIKE IT :-)

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Hello All,

JIRA 7.10 is out and I couldn't stop myself fro upgrading my personal JIRA environment from 7.9.2 to 7.10.

I like the look - I won't say a lot of change in look and feel - but I like what I have seen up until now.

What are your experiences ?

4 comments

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018
  • Project Archival option should be extended to Server version too someday in future :-) like this one has for datacentre.
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Yea, thats quite useful. 

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

@Vickey Palzor Lepcha JIRA 7.10 seems awesome. 

This is just a comment about what my team usually do before an upgrade. 

1. we always looks for what is new (Release note, upgrade note) 
  2. Also analyse bugs affected in target version that are raised in Atlassian issue tracker and analyses the existing issue impact to us. 
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

@Alana Fernando  Hey, is there any tracker that could help me track bugs/issues that come up with the latest release ?

I know we all detect them as we use it but say - bugs detected in a week after any release ?

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

@Vickey Palzor Lepcha All issues affected in your target upgrade version are available in the link I provided in my previous comment. 

For new bugs/issues what I normally do is that if it is a 3rd party plugin related I'll directly report to plugin vendor.

Any new issue related Jira are first report to Atlassian support. If it is found to be a new bug/suggetion; Atlassian support engineers will always rais bugs/suggestion in their tracker for you. 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

Thank you Alana - much appreciated.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

Glad this helps @Vickey Palzor Lepcha :-)

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Does it have any killer feature ? or most wanted one ? 

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

@Vishnukumar Vasudevan New look listed in the top of highlights. seems like new look is awesome. even though it is not a function I think It still do a big change to user experience. don't you agree? :-) 

Andrea Mendez
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

I love it! It's a good change and I prefer it so much more than the look and feel on cloud instances.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events