JIRA Migration & Databases Consistency

Mike Anthony May 4, 2017

We are looking at using Backbone plugin to sync to JIRA databases in Development. The question is, will the backbone plugin merge and also ensure data consistency in the two databases or are we looking at data variations from the two databases?

1 comment

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2022

Hello Mike,

Were you able to complete this migration? Did Backbone sync help?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

@edwin vasquez - it's been a while since @Mike Anthony answered that question - and somehow I've missed this question in the past.

I'm Matthias from the team behind Backbone Issue Sync and happy to help with any questions.

If you're referring to Mike's initial questions. I'd say that Backbone can help you with a migration of your data, but it's not working on the database rather on the application level. Putting it in other words, if you use Backbone to synchronize projects between Jira instances, the databases won't be identical but the issue content can still look the same which probably matters in the end, doesn't it?

If you're interested in more details and want to talk about your use case, let us know via support.k15t.com.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Like Umer Sohail _K15t_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events