Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Issue Display: Add a "Log Work" button next to the "Comment" button

Steve Lewis April 3, 2018

When I view an issue, at the bottom of the page there is a row of tabs under the Activity section.

JIRA Issue Display 1.PNG

Under the list of comments is a button that allows me to add another comment. 

JIRA Issue Display 2.PNG

It just seems logical to me that there should be a similar button to Log Work if I click on the "Work Log" tab. Easier for the user than going to the top of the screen and clicking on the "More" button to select "Log Work" from a list.

Is this something that Atlassian would consider as a minor enhancement? 

Or is there already an option for it?

2 comments

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

For me it sounds like a good idea, but right now the work log tab seems supposed only to edit or delete existing work log entries and not to add log work. By the way: On the right you should see a "box" called "Time Tracking" where you can  click on + (plus) to add  time spent. This box is usable when the timeestimate field is not empty.

Steve Lewis April 4, 2018

Thanks for pointing out the + sign - I had never realised what it was for.

My suggestion for the button was as a minor time saver. I often glance through the details of work already logged before creating a new work log entry.

Gregor Mitchell April 11, 2022

Under the new view the Time tracking is gone and the only option to add work logs is again going up to the right.  It would be a much better experience if there was a pinned worklog button like the comments tab has.  I find that Jira is completely lacking in making time entry easy by default, it has caused issues for my team.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events