JIRA ID for integration Jira

laura.devita March 4, 2022

Hello,

I ask for your support for a request received from a colleague of ours. As per attached Screen he asks us to provide him with the Jira ID to make a connection between Teams and Jira.
Could you tell us if this operation is feasible?

Two premises:
Our Jira instance is reachable only within the Costa network and only for users enabled in AD
Instead from the outside it can only be reached via VPN

Teams, on the other hand, can also be reached without a VPN.

a thousand thanks
Laura

3 comments

William Tanner March 4, 2022

Hello Laura,

I don't see the screenshot.  Are you using an Add-on to facilitate a Jira to Teams connection?

Matthew Patton March 4, 2022

If your proxy is setup, Jira can talk to teams either through a webhook or automation.

The ID for connector is only needed if you need teams to talk to Jira. For that to happen, because the server is in your companies network, you'll need to have several items whitelisted in firewall. Here is the document to make this integration and firewall changes needed.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/msteamsjiraserver/microsoft-teams-for-jira-server-documentation-1027116656.html

Like laura.devita likes this
Dawn Fama March 4, 2022

Laura, 

You may need something like this..  Microsoft 365 Connector for Jira | Atlassian Marketplace

We are using this:

Microsoft Azure Active Directory single sign-on for JIRA 

which is a free add on but we do not allow external users to log into our domain.  It still works with our organizations AD accounts linked to O365.  You may be able to configure an Azure proxy to your internal JIRA application and create a local JIRA account for this user and assign his O365 email address to the local account.  The proxy would get him to JIRA logon and from there he could login with local account (maybe....).  

You would need to work with your AD team on a dev instance you may have at your location.

laura.devita March 7, 2022

Do I need to install each Jira Server on teams and configure Jira Id per user?
Do I need to register the app on the Azure portal?
Do the URLs below all have to be enabled on the firewall?
The Jira Server app (add-on) establishes a connection with the Azure SignalR hub (https://msteams-jira-server.service.signalr.net)
The bot is based on the Azure Bot Framework service:
login.botframework.com (Bot authentication)
login.microsoftonline.com (bot authentication)
* .botframework.com (bot channels)
westus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com
(for NLP integration Luis.ai)
state.botframework.com
(Storage of bot status)
cortanabfchanneleastus.azurewebsites.net
(Cortana channel)
cortanabfchannelwestus.azurewebsites.net (Cortana channel)

Dawn Fama March 7, 2022

Laura, 

I found an interesting blog for this.

New! Jira Server Integration for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community

I'm not sure if this would provide you all the functionality you need but worth checking it out.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events