Issue Statistics Reports - Components

Fred Hamilton May 7, 2019

Hi there,

In Jira, is it possible to pull an Issue Statistics report that displays 5 Components in a Project that may have 25+ Components? 

Ex.

• A project has 10 epics with x number of features & user stories
  • We're almost done with Epic 1 and we've started working on Epic 2 
  • There are 4 workstreams with their own "issues" (Requirements, Dev., Testing, UAT)
  • I create an Epic 2 Component for each workstream and add issues accordingly i.e.
    • Component Name: "Epic 2: Roles & Permissions - Requirements"
    • Component Name: "Epic 2: Roles & Permissions - Development" 
    • Component Name: "Epic 2: Roles & Permissions - Testing"
  • I add a Issue Statistics report to a Dashboard & choose Components as Statistics Type
  • After saving, I see all the components in the project (Epic 1 Components & Epic 2 Components) i.e.
    • Component Name: "Epic 1: Home Page Search - Requirements"
    • Component Name: "Epic 1: Home Page Search - Development"
    • Component Name: "Epic 2: Roles & Permissions - Requirements"
    • Component Name: "Epic 2: Roles & Permissions - Development"

Based on that example, I want to see only Epic 2 Components in the project for my Dashboard. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks! 

1 comment

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Fred

As I remember Issue statistic gadget you can be set for project or JQL filter.

You can create filter which contains only issues within specific components and then use this filter in gadget.

Please let me know if it works for you :)

Regards,

Sebastian

Like Fred Hamilton likes this
Fred Hamilton May 15, 2019

Hi Sebastian 

Thanks for responding! I was able to create the Issue Statistics report using JQL filter based on issues within a Component but it listed each issue (15+) in the report. 

To roll it up and report at a higher level, I created labels for the groups I wanted, then used the JQL filter in the Issue Statistics report and specified label as the issue type and that worked.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Fred

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

Hi @Fred Hamilton 

I'm glad that I could help and my answer was helpful. If you want, please mark my answer as accepted :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events