Invoicing

Jelena Popović July 26, 2018

What is the best way to make an invoice for the billed hours?
I do not want to simply click on export and get an excel sheet.

As well what are the options we are playing around here? Can we show different options of payment, what is there by credit, what do we have to re-do cause there was an incident so it will be charged zero, still issuing a cost for us?

What are your experiences or problems you have faced?

3 comments

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2018

IN my experience, I use this configuration:

- Jira Software, where I've defined a general project where I insert every day all timesheet for all my customer

- Use component for define customer: I can define a generic issue for a generic customer

- Use SumUP addon gadget to define e create summary information

- Use Timereport gadget and reports to obtain all result for the invoice.

My next step is using Xporter to obtain:

- invoice directly from Jira

- report with the activities for the customer.

Problems: Jira is not a invoice system and next year, in Italy, I have to use another way to create invoice...... 

Pros: ALl the information are n the same place.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

PDF View Plugin is used by many to generate time-based invoices like this with one click:

jira-tempo-invoice-example

You can easily include payment terms, due date, etc. in the default template shipped with this app.

See more examples here.

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

@Jelena Popović we have recently launched the Clerk — Invoicing and Billing for Jira app that does exactly what you are asking for. 

You can create invoices based on employees time from Jira worklogs, time entered manually or fixed price work. Work with retainers. Plus it has nice analytics on top of that to control your cashflow.

Feel free to ask any questions or get any support.

Any feedback is very appreciated! 🙏

ogimage.png

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019

Wooow. Interesting. Let me see if solve some problems. Many thanks.

FABIO

Like Anton Skorniakov likes this
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2019

@Fabio Genovese if it doesn't fully meet your needs, just let me know your use case, that we could evolve in the right direction! 

Like Fabio Genovese likes this
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2019

@Anton Skorniakov  The problems I talked are generated by Italian Acts.....  and Italian government :-S Since 2019 all firms have to send invoices by unique state system called (in Italy) SDI and it works.....bad.  So, don't worry. Let me time to examine addon ;-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events