• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Integrating into existing task management suites

I'm curious as to if and how other people integrate Jira into other products like Microsoft Todo, ToDoist, and any other personal task management software. For instance our company has Office 365 and the ToDo integration with Jira creates tasks for EVERY issue created. I'm curious as to how other people handle that because for some Jira just becomes another tab/app to try and remember to check. Any thoughts?

1 comment

I've been using todoist for a long time, integration with Jira is possible if you use the Jira cloud version, see here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223560/todoist?hosting=cloud&tab=overview but you should know that it works only from one direction: from Jira to todoist and not the other way around. So for now you can't at least turn todo into Jira ticket.

Interesting. Ideally, I was envisioning automation, when an issue was assigned to me or a user the task would get created. I'm not working in Jira on an hour by hour basis as the system admin, but we use business projects to manage infrastructure projects and I handle some help desk tickets. It'd be nice to get the task automatically created in a tracker after it gets assigned. I mean I guess Jira can automate emails when you're assigned a task and from there it can be put in Microsoft ToDo from outlook but that flow doesn't quite work like that. 

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/search/?q=jira

Oh and yes we do use Jira Cloud.

I appreciate your time and response. Thanks.

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this

but if you need to do this you can use yes email and if you also want Jira cloud desktop, for example I use it on my mac to follow the tickets that occasionally assign me some clients from their respective Jira cloud accounts. It's convenient because from one point of view I can know the things to do on many Jira instances and many projects. Look here the image. Of course for now you must to enter the Jira instance every time, but the desktop client helps you a lot to do this.

Schermata 2020-10-29 alle 14.37.26.png

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you