I have to create a confluence page with the custom format when issue raised in Jira

Ravi Kumar September 5, 2022

Hi There ,

We have Jira and Confluence installed in Server ,, here is our requirement.

Whenever a Jira issue has been raised from Jira we need a Confluence page which needs to be create automatically with our own custom format, Can someone help me on this .

Note : I am new to use  the Rest API not even know how to work with it.

Regards,

Ravi

Mail: namekravik@gamil.com

1 comment

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Ravi Kumar 

Welcome to the community!

There is no out-of-the-box solution except developing your own post function or listener which calls some REST API to create a Confluence page. Have you checked the Marketplace for apps?  For instance, Easy Integrations has out-of-the-box integration with Confluence.

Here, you can find more information to achieve that.

I hope it helps

Ravi Kumar September 5, 2022

Hi Tuncay,

Thanks for the update, I have tried it but its not working as expected, I have tried to create multiple issues after setup but in the audit log nothing I see and even the pages are not created .

Can you please let me do we have any way to do it by script runner or by any another way .

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi Ravi,

Sorry to hear that. Of course, you can do that via Script Runner but you have to deal with many things (authorization, fault tolerance, exception handling, etc.)

Actually, I'd suggest using Easy Integrations (I'm one of the folks behind that app) and if you raise a ticket here, the team will definitely help and fix your problem ASAP.

Ravi Kumar September 6, 2022

Hi Tuncay,

Thanks for the update.

After few modification the page is getting create , here is the things I need to sort them .

1. Need Summary or Issue Key number as Page name for every issue , but here we have a fixed name , Please let me know how can I do achieve it .
2. I need a filed mapping ,, the Jira field values should copied to our custom templet , Please let me know how can we achieve it .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2022

Hi @Ravi Kumar 

I'm glad to hear that.

1. You can use any Jira issue parameter in your either Confluence page's name or content.

2. Please check the documentation, you can use parameters. 

https://appfire.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EI4J/pages/11206791/Create+Template+Page+with+Parameters

If you want, one of our support engineers as well as developers might have a call and help you fix your problems.

Please let me know how it sounds!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events