I delete a user in JIRA but Bitbucket Server still counts him

dinis brazão August 5, 2019

I reached the limit of five on my Bitbucket Server.
Actually we are only 2 but we show as being 5 and now I'd like to change that:

1 > As an administrator of both systems and lso a user, I am counted twice on bitbucket

2 > There are 2 other dev I already removed from the bitbucket-users group (on JIRA) but they still show on the Bitbucket uses list (one of them I removed him entirely as a user but he still appears on bitbucket.

Any idea on how t solve this ? Is there a way to refresh the users list that Bitbucket is retrieving from JIRA?

1 comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

Hi @dinis brazão,

Just to make sure I'm understanding things correctly you have setup your BitBucket Server to use Jira as a Crowd User Directory for users and groups?

Licenses in BitBucket are distributed to all users that have been granted the BitBucket User Global permission or higher.

If you are looking to limit the users that are granted licenses you should checkt o see what groups you have given global permissions to in the BitBucket Administration interface.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like dinis brazão likes this
dinis brazão August 6, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon . Thanks for your reply.
I think you understood it right.
Anyhow I'll explain better:
I have, as JIRA users

• 3 inactive - they should not count;
  • 4 active,of which
    • 1 doesn't belong to any group
    • 2 belong to "bitbucket-users" group
    • 1 belongs to bitbucket-administrators group

In Bitbucket, I have as user directories

• Bitbucket Internal Directory > with 1 administrator
  •  Jira Directory (type Atlassian Crowd) > that should bring in those 3 guys belonging to bitbucket-users and to bitbucket-administrators.

In fact, when I check the bitbucket licensing, it counts 

• User limit: 10
  • Licensed users: 3 

But from the 3 users sync from Jira (Atlassian Crowd), only 2 are accepted (the older ones). the 3rd one shows as UNLICENSED.

in the  bitbucket admin/users panel it shows:

• the bitbucket Internal directory administrator > ok
  • the JIRA Directory element from bitbucket-administrator group >ok
  • the JIRA Directory elements from bitbucket-users group:
    • 1  (the older one) as licensed
    • 1 (the new one) as not licensed
  • One Ghost element (the JIRA element that i active but doesn't belong to any group

So. I think bitbucket has some kind of garbage when it is counting users (and almost for sure including users that have already been deleted from JIRA) and I'd like to know how to clean that. 

I am kind of desperate with this and already reinstalled Bitbucket, JIRA, have been playing with adding and removing the new user, flushing  old users, etc... but without solving it so far.

Hi @Jimmy Seddon . Thanks for your reply.
I think you understood it right.
Anyhow I'll explain better:

I have, as JIRA users

-3 inactive - they should not count;
-4 active,of which
   -1 doesn't belong to any group
   -2 belong to "bitbucket-users" group
   -1 belongs to bitbucket-administrators group

In Bitbucket, I have as user directories

- Bitbucket Internal Directory > with 1 administrator
- Jira Directory (type Atlassian Crowd) > that should bring in those 3 guys belonging to bitbucket-users and to bitbucket-administrators.

In fact, when I check the bitbucket licensing, it counts 

- User limit: 10
- Licensed users: 3 

But from the 3 users sync from Jira (Atlassian Crowd), only 2 are accepted (the older ones). the 3rd one shows as UNLICENSED.

in the  bitbucket admin/users panel it shows:

- the bitbucket Internal directory administrator > ok
- the JIRA Directory element from bitbucket-administrator group >ok

the JIRA Directory elements from bitbucket-users group:
- 1  (the older one) as licensed
- 1 (the new one) as not licensed
- 1 Ghost element (the JIRA element that i active but doesn't belong to any group

So. I think bitbucket has some kind of garbage when it is counting users (and almost for sure including users that have already been deleted from JIRA) and I'd like to know how to clean that. 

I am kind of desperate with this and already reinstalled Bitbucket, JIRA, have been playing with adding and removing the new user, flushing  old users, etc... but without solving it so far.

sorry for the msg duplication > i received the alert  that the HTML in the reply had not been accepted and replied again

I followed the suggestion on this link, https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/how-do-i-find-which-users-count-against-my-bitbucket-server-license-779171685.html?_ga=2.89701915.1651743512.1565018639-559167965.1561638990&_gac=1.41043862.1565058260.EAIaIQobChMI88bLm5jt4wIVyrHtCh0JxAGZEAAYASAAEgJLS_D_BwE

and I get only 3 Licensed users.
Meanwhile, in order to be able to work,  I added the new user directly to Bitbucket user directory. However I'd like to fi this because I want to link JIRA and Bitbucket users and this is definitely a bug

SOLVED
removed bitbucket-users group from Global permissions and inserted it again.
I still have that ghost user showing but well. it is not bothering now.
Thanks for your help

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2019

I'm glad you were able to get to the resolution of this issue.

-Jimmy

Like dinis brazão likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events