I am unable to copy the existing workflow to the newly created projects

Shaliny June 6, 2021

I am unable to copy the existing workflow to the newly created projects also i am unable to copy the workflow schemes..even though when copied nothing is reflecting

2 comments

Comment

Shaliny June 6, 2021

Also unable to activate the workflows copied.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hello @Shaliny ,

is it, the team managed?

can we get more information, please?

Thanks,

Anvesh

Shaliny June 6, 2021

Hi Anvesh,

Yes its our customers team who is managing it. But we create these projects and handover to them according to their requirements,.

Let me know how can we resolve this ? 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Shaliny 

I didn't find any workflow-changing documentation for team managed projects. new status / transition i found. 

please check the below documentation.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-how-work-flows-in-your-team-managed-project/ 

Thanks,

Anvesh

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

@Shaliny

To be clear, are you creating Team Managed projects or Company Managed projects? It will say which type it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Workflows can be shared only between Company Managed projects, and those workflows are managed through the Settings > Issues > Workflows and Workflow Schemes options available to JIRA Administrators.

If you are creating Team Managed projects, those workflows are managed within the project itself and cannot be shared between projects. For multiple Team Managed projects to use the "same" workflow you actually have to construct the workflow in each project. And then those projects are not sharing a single workflow configuration. Instead they each have their own workflow configuration which just happens to be the same as a workflow configuration in another project. 

Semseddin M_ November 10, 2021

Is there a way to copy workflows (and/or board settings) between team managed projects? Not sharing but copying, like export/import or any other way?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Currently it is not possible, but there is an open change request for a new feature to support copying workflows from one Team Managed project to another.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21700

Semseddin M_ November 10, 2021

Thanks @Trudy Claspill !

Leela Shankar June 21, 2022

Hello - Can anyone know if this function is currently available?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

@Leela Shankar 

Welcome to the community.

Reviewing the linked issue I see it is not yet resolved so you still cannot copy workflows between team managed projects.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21700

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events