How to use capacity planning feature inside JIRA

Ashokkumar Santhanam January 27, 2022

Hello Experts,

Could you kindly brief me about how to use capacity planning feature inside JIRA Cloud?

Can we use try this capacity planning feature in trial license?

Thank you..

3 comments

Comment

Alexander Kravchuk January 29, 2022

Hi @Ashokkumar Santhanam 

Capacity planning is available in Cloud via Advanced Roadmaps on Premium plan, which according to Licensing FAQ you can trial for free:

We offer fully functional trials of our cloud products and plans. Cloud Standard can be trialed for 14 days, and Cloud Premium/Cloud Enterprise can be trialed for 30 days. 

You can read more on capacity planning with Advanced Roadmaps here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-capacity-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Like Ashokkumar Santhanam likes this
Ashokkumar Santhanam January 31, 2022

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the suggestion. Let us try this feature

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2022

Hi @Ashokkumar Santhanam, it's Tania from the Planyway team. If you consider giving a try to third-party add-ons, perhaps take a look at Planyway. It has the possibility to show the underload or overload of your team members.

It works with original estimates and daily work hours you define for your team (learn more):

Displaying workload in Planyway Workload Tab

I'll be here if any questions

Ashokkumar Santhanam January 31, 2022

Hi Tania,

Thank you for sharing the available add-on. Being new to JIRA we are looking for a demo.Below is our requirement. Its not completely into project capacity planning.

Actually we want to do a forward planning of associates capacity.

Example : For a project (Implementation) we need 0.8 capacity.                                         Already available capacity is 0.1.   Required/Needed is 0.7

From the list of 600 users we need to choose/assign.

Associate 1 : 0.2

Associate 2 : 0.3

Associate 3  : 0.2

So now we have 0.7 capacity for project (implementation) is complete.

Also we need to cross check that the associate capacity is not exceeding 1.0. If exceeds we need to get a warning message.

Currently we are doing it in a excel we want to use the same feature in JIRA by entering the values inside screen.

we will definitely give it a try if we are able to do it efficiently. Reach me for more details or clarifications.

Thank you

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2022

@Ashokkumar Santhanam oh, I see. Thank you for sharing your requirements. At the moment, Planyway can calculate the capacity only based on the original estimation added to individual issues, and the number of business hours per day that are defined per project.

We're continuously improving Planyway's functionality and really appreciate the feedback and real cases that people share with us.

You can reach out to us at support@planyway.com in case you're willing to tell more about your case or if you have any questions, we'll be glad to advise.

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
February 8, 2022

Hi @Ashokkumar Santhanam 
You can try ActivityTimeline plugin. With ActivityTimeline you can monitor capacity on your timeline, check members availability, set individual capacity. You could check who is overloaded or underloaded. 
Team Capacity in Jira.png

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can demo session for you if needed or take a free trial. 
Nataliya

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events