Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use automation to copy Multi Level Cascading Select value from Parent task to Sub-task

Hung Nguyen June 29, 2022

Hi everybody,

I have a special situation with Multi Level Cascading Select field (already added this field to both of Parent and Sub-task screen).

Sample data like: Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Level 3

I would like to create an automation to copy value of this field from Parent to Sub-task if the same field on Sub-task was not selected BUT will stop copying if this field on Sub-task is selected (keep value chosen by user).

For normal select list field I can use If block with two condition like Parent exist and "Issue field" is empty to triggering the automation. However, the Multi Level Cascading Select field is not supported by Issue field condition.

It's appreciated if someone can help.

Thanks and kind regards.

1 comment

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Hung Nguyen

Welcome to the community!

For cascading fields you need to use the advanced options. Please follow this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-can-I-copy-a-cascading-select-value-with-Automation-for-JIRA/qaq-p/585395

Regards

Like Hung Nguyen likes this
Hung Nguyen June 29, 2022

Thanks @Fabian Lim for your quick response, 

However my concern is if the Multi Level Cascading field in Sub-task have different value (selected by user) compared with the value of the same field on Parent task, because I don't want the automation will replace the value on the Sub-task.

E.g. the Multi Level Cascading field name is "Country".

Situation 1: on the Parent task is had been set to "America->North America->USA" and the Sub-task is unselected => The "Country" on Sub-task will have value of "America->North America->USA"

Situation 2: on the Parent task is had been set to "America->North America->USA" and the Sub-task is had been set to "America->South America->Argentina" => The "Country" on Sub-task will have value of "America->South America->Argentina" (not inherited from Parent like Situation 1

Could you pls help?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

You will have to invest into. 3rd party plugin with scripting. Options jmwe, power scripts and scriptrunner.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events