Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show Visibility of a Dashboard without showing all the issues from the Help Desk

Aileen April 25, 2022

Hi all,

I have some stakeholders who would like access to a dashboard that gives analytics of the help desk, but our systems team does not want to give them access to seeing all the help desk issues (if possible).

Does anyone have a solution/workaround ?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

--

I was trying to figure out a way to do this with groups, but I'm not JIRA-savvy enough to figure it out yet...

2 comments

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2022

Last year I had the same requirement and had to open Browse Projects to Jira users, but restricted the Edit permission. The result is any user can see that JSM project but can't edit.

It would be nice to have that functionality.

Like Aileen likes this
Aileen April 27, 2022

@Chris Thomas Thank you for your input! Glad to know I'm not the only one looking at this functionality haha

I ended up going a similar route with opening up the Browse Projects

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Aileen ,

If you're up for a commercial app, we provide Dashboard Hub for Jira. We have a couple of customer success stories with that very same use case: How Unifly improved reporting efficiency and transparency on JSM with Jira charts & dashboards and How Success Solutions saves 150+ hours with customer Jira reports & dashboards on JSM.

And to simplify this even more, we just released the ability to let users of the Customer Portal access to dashboards previously shared with them (see this new option here).

See this dashboard as an example ITSM dashboard.

Hope this helps!

Like Aileen likes this
Aileen June 13, 2022

@Gorka Puente _Appfire_ Thank you so much for sharing!

This app looks great! I'll review internally with our team.

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2022

Great! Let me know If I can be of further help :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events