How to set issue security level when users are from multiple project roles

Nag June 20, 2018

I have a project, where the release(tickets) are created for their projects.

Once the ticket is created only users from those project group should be able to see, others no.

Ex: my project is "Release Manager

Other project is "Project1"

If the user from "Project1" creates a release registration with the release fix version in "Release  Manager", that ticket must be viewed only by the user group/project role in "Project1"

Please help me with solutions if anyone come across. Thanks in advance.

1 comment

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

@Nag, you would need to create a user group for each project (e.g. 'Project1 users').  You can look at the documentation for more details: Configuring issue-level security.

Nag June 22, 2018

Thanks, I tried this option but the problem is project admins can not be able to add users to the group('Project1 users') every they come up with new users.

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Nag, project admins will only be able to add users to project roles. This will be limited to their project. The 'Release Manager' project has no visibility into 'Project1' roles.

Alternatively, the 'dirty' solution (I personally wouldn't recommend it) would be to grant all the project leads 'project administration' permission in the 'Release Manager' project.

The best solution would be to allow project leads to open a request in your support project (e.g. Atlassian support or Jira support). With post-functions and programming, the process can be entirely automated to add a user to the correct 'Project 1 Users' global group. (Groovy Example)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events