How to prevent subtask creation/issue creation using scriptrunner ?

140401 kindia May 22, 2017

Hi Team,

i need help for few of my questions and if its possible then how to implement them .

In JIRA workflow for my client ,i have created grrovy script that creates subtask when parent issue is created but now i wanted to add some constraints when a manual subtask is being created for a parent issue.

1. if autocreated subtask exists with same summary then manually new subtask  should not be created.

2. if my parent issue is makred to done then also it should not allow to create a new subtask manually.

3. parent issue is marked to done, once all subtasks are done then subtasks should not be allowd to move into other status even if transition from done to inprogress does exist.

Kinldy provide some code or scripts that can help me achiving above mentioned points.

No pluggings plz

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2017

1.  Create a scripted validator that looks up to the parent issue, iterates over existing subtasks, and if it finds one with the new summary, fails validation

2.  You could build this into the same validator as 1 - an extra line to say "or parent status == done"

3. That's a condition, but similar to point 2.

The code for 3 to get you started:

if ("Done".equals(issue.getParentObject().getStatus) ) { return false }

140401 kindia May 23, 2017

Issue sourceIssue = issue.getParentObject()
log.info "getParentObject :" + sourceIssue.getIssueType().getName()

//collecting AutoCreated subtask object
Collection allsubtasks = sourceIssue.getSubTaskObjects()

def Pdata = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Please select the required sub-task")
LazyLoadedOption PdataField =(LazyLoadedOption) issue.getCustomFieldValue(Pdata)
def valueOfPdata = PdataField?.getValue()

if(issue.getParentObject().getStatus().getName()=='Done'){

code or validator should not create a subtask ???HOW??

}else{
   for(Issue allsubtask: allsubtasks) {
            NFRsubtaskSummary=allsubtask.getSummary()

if (NFRsubtaskSummary== valueOfPdata)   {
     childissue.setSummary('Duplicate of '+NFRsubtaskSummary +'- Please Delete')   
      if (valueOfPdata == 'School')  {   
                     region.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(region), regionFieldValue.toString()),changeHolder)        
                     childPhase.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childPhase), Inception.toString()),changeHolder)           
                     childHostCountry.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childHostCountry), hostCountryFieldValue.toString()),changeHolder)        
                     }
                    break
    }else{

if (valueOfPdata == 'Home') {
childissue.setAssigneeId(user.name)
childissue.setReporterId(user.name)   
childissue.setSummary('Home')   
region.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(region), regionFieldValue.toString()),changeHolder)        
childPhase.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childPhase),Construction.toString()),changeHolder)           
childHostCountry.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childHostCountry), hostCountryFieldValue.toString()),changeHolder)        
}

This is the code i wrote , but i am not able to add or find some code/logic that helps not to create subtask

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2017

I think you've answered your own question.

In your code you have:

}else ...

You literally do nothing in that code block.  Creating a sub-task requires code.  If you don't want a sub-task, do nothing at that point.

140401 kindia May 23, 2017

Issue sourceIssue = issue.getParentObject()
log.info "getParentObject :" + sourceIssue.getIssueType().getName()

//collecting AutoCreated subtask object
Collection allsubtasks = sourceIssue.getSubTaskObjects()

def Pdata = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Please select the required sub-task")
LazyLoadedOption PdataField =(LazyLoadedOption) issue.getCustomFieldValue(Pdata)
def valueOfPdata = PdataField?.getValue()

}else{
   for(Issue allsubtask: allsubtasks) {
            NFRsubtaskSummary=allsubtask.getSummary()

if (NFRsubtaskSummary== valueOfPdata)   {
     childissue.setSummary('Duplicate of '+NFRsubtaskSummary +'- Please Delete')   
      if (valueOfPdata == 'School')  {   
                     childPhase.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childPhase), Inception.toString()),changeHolder)           
                     }
                    break
    }else{

if (valueOfPdata == 'Home') {
childissue.setAssigneeId(user.name)
childissue.setReporterId(user.name)   
childissue.setSummary('Home')   
childPhase.updateValue(null, childissue, new ModifiedValue(childissue.getCustomFieldValue(childPhase),Construction.toString()),changeHolder)           
}

This is the code i wrote , but i am not able to add or find some code/logic that helps not to create subtask

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2017

When you return false, you block creating the subtask =) Because returning false tells the validation that the user shall not pass.

With assumption that you have chosen Simple scripted validator option

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events