How to modify interface (position of each task) on the new UI

Dung Anh Doan June 27, 2018

I got the new UI but it looks so bad for me, so i want to change position of each field but i don't know how to do it. Thanks

4 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 27, 2018

@Dung Anh Doan hello and welcome! What product are you posting about? Jira?

Dung Anh Doan June 27, 2018

Yeah, I'm using jira.

Thanks for your answer.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2018

@Dung Anh Doan I moved your post into the Jira collection! 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Hi Dung,

If you are an admin you can adjust the order of the fields on the screen through the screen's field configuration (Go to Settings, Issues, Screens, and click "Configure" on the right for the screen you want to edit.) You can also add tabs with additional fields. However, beyond the order of the fields as they appear on the screen there is not much more you can do you change the UI.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Dung Anh Doan July 1, 2018

Thanks for your info,

It's so hopeless. I have to use old UI again :/

Best regards,

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Hey Dung, 

Want to piggyback on Scott's post and let you know that for the most part, cloud UI isn't very configurable. If you're looking to update the position of fields that are standard, you won't have many options.

Can you provide any screen shots or mockups of what you'd like to see?

I will send you a detail later,

Thanks so much.

Jen Elam TWX June 29, 2018

I believe Dung is referring to the NEW Issue UI which has been rolled out on Jira Cloud in Labs.

To answer your question, you can't change the order of the fields (they claim that is coming).  They have completely done away with tabs.  The only thing front and center is the description and comments all other fields show up in a skinny bar on the right in no apparent order.

The new UI is beyond awful.  It appears to be designed by someone who doesn't actually use Jira.  I strongly encourage you to provide feedback and open a ticket listing out your concerns.

Our Jira tickets now show up with a huge amount of white space and a TON of scrolling to see relevant information in the tiny side bar.

Wow, you describe the same my mean. Thanks so much.

New UI is nightmare. I will send them a detail feedback soon.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events