Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make transition should not be available for certain period of time

Kavya Janiwarad December 23, 2021

Hi,

I have a technical type of question. I have one transition called "Update the Project", and I want to freeze/make not available, for a certain period of time on the issue view, after a certain period (Exp: from 23/12/2021 to 29/12/2021) It should be available on the issue. how to achieve this?

Please help me with this.

Note: Solution should work on Jira Datacenter 

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

You will need to find or write some code to do this.  I'd recommend a look at the scripting apps for Jira as some of them would make it very easy to write a simple "condition" for your workflows, one that says "return false if <now> is outside the time you want to allow the transition, else return true"

Like Kavya Janiwarad likes this
Kavya Janiwarad December 24, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thanks for your reply, I got your point, I have ScriptRunner for the Jira.

I can use it.

Can you please give me the condition?, so that I can use it in the workflow Custom script condition.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2021

I am not a coder; it would probably take me longer to do this for you than it would be for you to work it out.

Have a look in https://library.adaptavist.com for something for working with date/time fields, the pseudo-code for the condition that I gave above really is quite simple.

Like Kavya Janiwarad likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events