How to make a security scheme common to a task and its sub-task?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

I have security scheme for task:

hr_viewers
  • User custom field value (Technical Experts) (Delete)
  • User custom field value (SMD) (Delete)
  • Project lead (Delete)
  • Reporter (Delete)
  • Current assignee (Delete)
  • Project Role (Project Managers) (Delete)
  • Project Role (Developers) (Delete)

but subtasks doesnt has this custom fields, and if we create subtask under task this filed cant copy own information to a subtask. How to make a security scheme common to a task and its sub-task?

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

You don't need to do anything. 

The security level for a sub-task is inherited directly and automatically from the parent (and the scheme applies to every issue in the project)

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Yes, but I do not ask about it. People who access the request under this scheme will not see the subtask. Or am I wrong?

We're talked about custom fields, which are cant auto copy from parent issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

I think you have misunderstood.  The short answer to your question is actually "it already is common, sort of"

A security scheme applies to the issues.  When a sub-task belongs to an issue, it takes on the same security as the parent.   It might be more clear to say it has the same visibility.  If you can see the parent, you can see the child.  If you can't see the parent, you can't see the child either.

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Okay, thank you. I will test this and update you.

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

You're wrong.

I can't see subtasks under other user if set security level

User TEST from field SMD

2020-01-16 12.35.55 jira5.sam-solutions.net ec5ad0600f9c.jpg

User TEST if I add him manualy to fileld SMD in subtask2020-01-16 12.36.31 jira5.sam-solutions.net 91ab4586f3f0.jpg

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I will create a new request so that it is more understandable

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

This seems to support what I said earlier, I don't see what is inconsistent.

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

Not correct question, i rebuild this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

I think it's a good question already, but asking again, phrased differently, is never a bad thing, it should help get more people to look at it.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events