How to get users to give feedback?

Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Greetings,

so, im admin in several jira instances and all of them have one thing in common:

Users sometimes don't give Feedback

They want a change for their project or whatever, and i do what im getting paid for, but then i need them to give their final "okay, it works how i wanted it to work" before im able to close the ticket.

From this point onwards i have to wait weeks, sometimes, until i get any answer at all, which is fairly annoying for me because at this point i already moved on to do different things which i then need to interrupt to go back to the initial ticket.

How do you guys cope with that? Or do you not have this situation because some sort of rule you enforce (i.e. no answer for 7 days = closed ticket)? Any tipps would be appreciated, if there even are any.

1 comment

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

As an Atlassian partner, we always try to provide solutions to our customers. A good practice we make is exactly as you comment, if you don't say anything for "type X days here" the ticket will be automatically closed. It can be easily done using automations tools such as Jira Service Desk and automation rules with SLA as triggers, Escalation Service from Scriptrunner plugin, Automation for Jira plugin... you have a lot of alternatives on the marketplace

Anyway, notifications are a powerful weapon you can use to spam them the actions needed to do with the notification scheme and also with filter subscriptions.

If you want to be even more evil, you can put validators on all your workflows transitions forcing them to have resolved all of the tickets they haven't resolved yet (using JQL) and laugh a lot until your superior comes to you and forces you to remove it 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events