How to get project statuses in the correct order?

Pavel Naydanov August 8, 2019

I upload all project statuses according to the documentation. https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cliudId}/rest/api/rest/api/3/status.

After I swapped statuses in Jira Cloud and added new statuses, an incorrect order of statuses comes in response to my request, how can I in my application find out the correct order of loading statuses using rest api?

Screenshot_1.pngJira Cloud statuses order

Screenshot_2.pngResponse with incorrect statuses order

Help me, please.

1 comment

Comment

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

I believe, you get the statuses in the order in which they are configured in a workflow or in the order that they are listed on the Admin > Status page and not based on the board.

@Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA] Can I get the statuses in the same order as on the board to display them in my application?

admin panelScreenshot_4.pngresponseScreenshot_5.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

The board order is not exposed in REST calls, your application will need to replicate the config itself.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can you tell me how i replicate the config?

Like Renata-Gabriela Kajcsa likes this
Renata-Gabriela Kajcsa October 28, 2022

Hello, did you manage to get these statuses in order?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events