How to create defect in JIRA using JAVA code from eclips

Siva Janagan June 8, 2017

Hi,

I wanted to create a JAVA program to raise a defect to JIRA. Could you pelase provide working codes of JAVA and what are teh dependencies that I have to get from maven. I am using maven to run java project.

Pelase help me on this. I just purchesed and this is the first task I have to do because I am on selenium automatioan dn wanted to raise defect automatically from the Java code.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

Well, actually, the code you use is irrelevant.  Whatever language you use, you'll want to talk to JIRA over the REST API

Start with a look at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-version-2-tutorial .  This has some pointers to some code, and I'd recommend checking the other tutorials alongside it.

Siva Janagan June 8, 2017

Thanks Nic. This helps. I am a lazy pant on reading entier things as I am little fresher so I would like to have a sample JAVA code to star what library to use and coding to RAISING NEW DEFECT.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events