Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the existing filter of a particular project

Amit Balagar June 7, 2018

Hi, How can i change the existing filter of a particular project to different?

I have a existing filter of a project ABC as - project = "ABC" AND fixVersion = "2007_11" AND cycleName in ("Release 2007_11")

Now i have to remove the project filter and keep rest of it - fixVersion = "2007_11" AND cycleName in ("Release 2007_11").

I cannot directly change and save this instead i have to save as this into a separate filter.

Please suggest a way to change this.

Note: The project is used for releases and particular release can have multiple project. Hence i need data from all the projects at this release project location. 

2 comments

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hello,

To change a filter you have to be the owner of the filter. If you have admin rights you can

1. log under the filter owner and change the filter

or

2. change the filter owner to yourself, make changes to the filter and change the filter owner back

Amit Balagar June 7, 2018

How can i change the ownership of existing filters using admin rights?

Note: I am trying to change the existing filters in JIRA which are not created by any user.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2018

You can't edit them as they are hard-coded. What I once heard about was to use some script in the announcement banner to replace that link you're trying to open when clicking the default filter. Not working everywhere and not a very maintainable solution.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

That is right. You can not change filters, which come to Jira with Jira installation.

Amit Balagar June 8, 2018

Thanks guys for the info!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events