How do you capture opportunities / customers on tickets?

Micki April 7, 2020

So first of all, I know that JIRA is not a CRM and there are other options for the pure business side of things and optimally I would have an API and all is automated.

Today we capture Feature Request in tickets, however I often lack the view on which customers asked for it.  I would like to have like a little +-sign on a feature request where I could say:

- Customer XYZ: Large / VIP Customer.

- Prospect. He would like to close a new deal of 10k for example if that feature exists.

And at the end be able to get a count of the amount of customers or business value it presents.

Thanks for you feedback

1 comment

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Hi Micki,

We built Atlas CRM for this purpose. It's a CRM solution that lives inside Jira (and Confluence if you're on Cloud).

With Atlas CRM you can create companies, contacts and sales. These can then be linked to Jira issues. We use it internally for capturing feature requests as well, so we can easily reach out to our customers when a feature becomes available.

You can find more information about Atlas CRM here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213313/. It's available for Cloud, Server and Data Center.

With kind regards,
Maarten

Like Deleted user likes this
Micki April 7, 2020

Hi Maarten,

thanks for the link, I will look into it.

What I want to avoid is having another CRM - because we have one or even two already and the commercial side has of course their CRM preferences. So creating accounts on JIRA wouldn't be my wish.

I would welcome a very light-weight feature:

+-sign on a feature request to add a client (for example from a CRM-API) that is interested in that feature.

So maybe a question to your tool: Does it connect to Salesforce or other CRM to pull out commercial information about a client?

Kind regards

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

That's a good question. Atlas CRM does not natively connect to other CRM's at the moment.

The Server and Data Center versions of Atlas CRM have an API which allow you to sync with, for example, Salesforce.

The Cloud version of Atlas CRM does not have an API yet, but we are working towards providing one.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events