How do Apache2 and JIRA synchronize?

David HUY January 3, 2019

I have one question. I don't know how Apache2 (that i installed with XAMPP for example) can be synchronize with JIRA?

Apache2 is not installed by default with JIRA.

Do i have to move http.conf after do somes modifications in the jira folder?

1 comment

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019
David HUY January 4, 2019

Hi

thank for your answer, but you don't answer to my question.

I tried to follow all steps in this link but my apache not works.

Cordially,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

If you have followed the steps in the docs Gonchik has referred to, then your Jira is working fine. 

I though you need to explain what you mean by "my apache not works" - what are the symptoms?  Is Jira running on the server?  Can you get to Jira directly, without going through the proxy?  If you can, then Is the proxy service running ok?  What errors does the browser give you?

David HUY January 9, 2019

I can access to Jira directly without problem. I think the problem comes from proxy. The problem is when i type in the browser localhost/jira/ not access to my jira but an acces to folders on my computer that i can download.

I followed several times this procedure.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

Localhost is not a valid service, unless the service is running on your machine.  The phrase "localhost" always means "current machine", NOT "a remote service".

Your use of localhost is not even touching the proxy.  Try using the actual proxy-url/jira instead.

For information, i can have an access with the hostname of my computer for exemple : jiratest/jira . The problem is i configured the server.xml to have an access with url jiratest.mydomain.com with the proxyname. i actived proxy modules in httpd.conf and configured virtualhost in httpd-vhosts.conf. I think the problem comes from configuration of my dns, isn't it? (i use windows 2012 R2)

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

Well, let's do from other PC small check like this. 

add into /etc/hosts info about your jiratest dns records. 

And Then try to connect it. 

Also, you can check all thing through awesome utils like nslookup and telnet :) 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

my /etc/hosts has configured like that :

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.X.X (ip of my jira server) www.jiratest.mydomain.com

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

and are you connecting through jiratest.domain.com ? If it is, congrats it will not work properly. 

192.168.X.X (ip of my jira server) www.jiratest.mydomain.com jiratest.mydomain.com

also, if you want for all devices, let's configure your DNS server :)

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Nice thanks you, effectively, jiratest.mydomain.com works now.

My error is "www". I will have to configure my DNS, but i never do it before. Do you have a documentation to configure DNS for reverse proxy?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019
David HUY January 10, 2019

Your link shows how can i install DNS in CentOS, but i have already install dns with Windows Server 2012 and have Godaddy for external dns. How can i give an access from my jira server to my local network and WAN without configure etc/host?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events