How can I create a query which shows static results?

Alex Febroino April 17, 2022

I am creating a query that shows Jira all tickets opened last monday. Tickets have many status (Pending, Cancelled, Redirected, Completed, etc). I can do this search without problem, however I can't make this query result be static (want to represent same status of those tickets from last week). If someone changes one of those tickets it changes the ticket status in my query results and I don't want it.
How may I get the query results static for the day I made the query?

3 comments

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2022

Hi @Alex Febroino

Unfortunately you can't. The best option would be to export the results via csv/excel.

Cheers

Like Alex Febroino likes this
Alex Febroino April 20, 2022

Thank you, Lim

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2022

We don't know what's the use case. But maybe you can change your query not to be related to the statuses, if that is not the most important thing for you.

If you need to see the changes in particular issues, initially found by JQL but without the change of the number of issues you can do following:

1. run JQL search for issues e.g. created on Monday

2. build JQL for those specific issues only with simple query like "issue in (KEY-1, KEY-2)"

But still, if you need to 'save' the current issue state: .csv export is one of the best ways as it would give you the accurate data from the time when it was exported without the option to modify/affect it.

With Jira Cloud you can use some apps to simplify this process e.g if you want to keep the data in 1 spreadsheet (eg. in separate sheets) - instead of X .csv files:

Jira Cloud for Excel (official) (free app, by Atlassian) - if you need only to get data

- Excel 365 Connector for Jira (paid app, by our team) - if you need a 2-way communication and want to make issue changes in Excel, with read only mode also

Like Alex Febroino likes this
Alex Febroino April 20, 2022

Looks like we'll adopt html exporting and jira macro inside with html codde inside the jira page or csv exporting then copy paste directly to jira.
This Jira Connects looks an interesting thing, I'll check this out. Thank you, Lukasz.

Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

@Alex Febroino 
I suggest you have a look at this App: Jira Snapshots  --> it sounds like the perfect match for what you need, providing you also have Confluence. It basically brings static Jira query results into Confluence.

It has a couple of more advantages:

• You can check what changed over time- the app provides a DIFF view between a static snapshot that was taken just now, and any static snapshot in the past.
  • Moreover- you can retrieve hierarchical/multilevel queries: like, all Epics and their respective stories.

Available for Cloud and Data Center.

Full disclosure: I am the CEO of RadBee, the vendor behind this app.

I hope this helps,

Rina

Like # people like this
Alex Febroino April 25, 2022

Thank you, Rina! I'll check this out.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events