• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

How are people organizing products within a single project

I assume there are people out there that have multiple products tracked under a single Jira Software project.  I'd like to hear how people are organizing their issues.

I am working on a configuration for a group and I get the feeling that I'm not organizing this quite right.  I'd like to hear how others are handling this.

We have many products.  By product I mean an entity that is released.  For example, one product might be a control panel and other product might be the configuration tool for configuring the control panel.  The software for the control panel is released as a single entity.  The configuration tool is released with a single installation file.

It seemed that Jira Component/s would be perfect for "a releasable entity".  This project could use Component/s of "panel" and "config tool".  However, the developers want to have modules that are based on the component.  For example, "panel" might want modules of "I/O controller", "Event Processor", "UI" while "config tool" might want modules of "UI", "DB", "Downloader".  The actual list of Component/s and Modules is quite long.  We can use a custom field of Module that is a select list.  However, I don't know of a good way to prevent a user from selecting a module that does not make sense for the Component/s selected in the issue.

I'd like to hear how others might be handling a similar situation.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you