Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are folks doing roadmap planning in portfolio?

Warren Wright December 26, 2018

Hey Folks,

We have 10+ engineering teams around our core SaaS products - in today's world when we look ahead to 2019 and 2020 for roadmap planning, we end up with a lot of work in spreadsheets and elsewhere to map out how we'll tackle work.

My hope has been that Portfolio 2.1 would help us put that all in one place. However, as we set up Portfolio, I'm finding that it only really helps with planning around extremely well defined project - you need your epic to be populated with stories and story points put on them all so JIRA can understand scope, otherwise (if no stories yet for example), Portfolio pretends the epic doesn't exist... doesn't include it in the schedule at all.

Am I missing something, or is this really a pretty short-sighted tool for the current work and immediate future?

2 comments

Andrew Zibuda January 8, 2019

You are correct, the current Cloud version is essentially useless unless you know exactly how long your work is going to take and all of what it is far in advance. There is absolutely NO flexibility with the tool, it's their way or the highway

Joe Collins January 9, 2019

Doesn't seem very agile does it?

Like David Vins likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events