Hiding transitions from certain types

Joe Harmon April 7, 2017

I have three issue types that are very similar, however they have slighly different workflow needs. Two of the issue types have the same workflow but one status has a different workflow that essentially means we will move it from a backlog to a done state.  I know I can create a separate workflow for this other type, and I did that, but it caused a problem. With this one status type, it can transition to one of the other types depending on a resourcing decision. Having a separate workflow means that we can't change from one type to a different type.  Sharing the workflow between the three types means that each type will show some extra transitions which only apply to one type.  We don't want to use for the other two types.

I am open to ideas.  Any way to hide a transition only for a given type?

4 answers

0 votes
Joe Harmon April 7, 2017

I have looked for a plugin to do this and can't find one.  How do I create a condition that will execute specific code?

0 votes
Joe Harmon April 7, 2017

Yeah I see I can restrict it based upon rights... but that doesn't hide it correct?  It just prevents it from being used.  The hide condition is an all or nothing condition.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Conditions are the way to do it, but you will probably want to code for them, or find an add-on that implements it already (or lets you code internally)

A really simple block of code could be along the lines of "if issuetype = X then return true".  That would allow the transition for issue type X, and hide it for the others.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

The simplest way is to add a condition on the transition, that way you can prevent it from being used if the wrong type is selected.

Suggest an answer