Handling incoming invoices with Jira

Brüse, Bernhard August 9, 2019

Hi there,

I have an upcoming project to handle and track incoming invoices with Jira. At first I thought this would be an easy one. But after receiving all requirements I need some help from you guys.

The financial department has access to our big ERP system. It consists of a tool, which allow the complete invoice handling and booking. Because not every employee has an ERP license, they are looking for an external tool in order to handle the approval and gather information regarding the invoice booking (e.g. which cost center).

Implementing a proper Jira workflow is an easy task for me. But how would you solve the following requirement:

The invoice may consists of 10 positions. It can be, that all positions relate to only 1 cost center which leads to one booking entry. But of course it is possible to have 2 and more booking positions. This information must be stores in a proper custom field within the Jira issue so I will be able to transmit this information to other IT applications. To handle this via sub tasks is no option due to a bad UX.

I found some usefull add ons in the Marketplace like e.g. Table Grid Editor which provides a dynamic table editor. Do you have any other idea implementing this requirement?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Bernhard

1 comment

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2019

Hi, can you provide some more details about your Jira configuration? What are the other systems you are trying to connect to Jira?

I work for Elements apps, which makes some apps which might help you, but before making a recommendation, I want to be sure I understand your need.

Laura

Brüse, Bernhard August 9, 2019

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply.

We need to connect our ERP system on both sides of the process: At first, the ERP system has to create new issues via REST API (easy one, this feature is already in place for other processes!). After completing the invoice handling, Jira must transmit the booking information back to the ERP system. At this moment, I am thinking about using Webhook speeking to our ESB (Lobster) which transform the data to the given format of the ERP system.

Was I able to provide the needed information?

Regards,
Bernhard

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2019

It looks like our apps won't meet your needs.

Our app Elements Connect can bring data into Jira with a REST API, and we have another app Elements Checklist than can provide dynamic checklists with multiple columns, select lists, and calculated fields, but it sounds like these will only partially meet your needs.

Hope someone else can give you some ideas or feedback!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events