Feedback Button

Adam Adas January 30, 2018

Hello, how does the feedback button work if i want  to put it on our website   do i need to open port to make it integrate with Jira or will it just work? i tested it on a new html file on my pc that is in the same network as the website server and our jira server and it worked but i wonder how it will work if someone will send us feedback from outside the network how it works.

Regards
Adam

1 comment

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

I am assuming that you are talking about the Issue Collector functionality. 

As long as the URL in the Javascript can connect back to your Jira, you should be fine. 

Adam Adas January 30, 2018

i  tested it and  it didn't show up on the page because  the webbrowser don't want to show scripts from unknown source works only when i allow "show javascript from unknown source" ...maybe because jira isn't https. do you know anything about this?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Yeah. It's not as simple when you want to expose things to the internet. You need to talk to your network and security team on how to perform / configure items like:

• Internal and external DNS entries
  • Domain names
  • Proxying
  • Firewalls
  • HTTPs and SSL

All these are parts that you need to know to expose a Jira or any web app to the internet.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events