Failed to execute search

Thoyyib January 4, 2018

When i try to open my project Kanboard i see the following error message "Failed to execute search"

Is anyone experiencing this issue. Does anyone have a solution

7 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

A couple of times, yes.  Check that the board filter, and sub-filter are both still valid.

Like Ridha Ramadhansyah likes this
Tatyana Nemchenko January 11, 2018

I have very similar situation. I got this error when trying to open one of the scrum boards. All board filters work correctly and can be easily opened in the search. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

I found an answer in the log files last time it happened (albeit the first time I ran into it, I'd messed up a filter)

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

I had someone with this problem today and it turned out to be a Quick Filter that directly referenced issue keys that were excluded by the board filter.  Specifically, the quick filter was looking for specific Impediment numbers and the board filter included Story/Sub-Task types only.  

nsherega January 8, 2019

I also have same problem .In Ticket When i click on View on board ,it gives error Failed to execute search

There is only on board used by this ticket.Even i checked query filters  of this board all executed without any issues .Please someone help me on this issue .What could be the problem ?

Regards

Narayana.s

Julien Minec January 20, 2020

Must came from one of your board setting
Solved it myself by deleting Card Layout > Active sprints > Story points
I cannot understand why but it is now good working

Mike Burgess January 21, 2020

I had the same problem yesterday. Removing "Story Points" from the Kanban card layout fixed it. Reinstated the field this morning and it still works! Something changed overnight.

Ridha Ramadhansyah November 26, 2020

Hi, I just have to experience the same issue.

What happens:

In Active Board I have swimline query by that query into a custom filed.

then I change the configuration of the custom field from,

`Search Template: Freetext Searcher` into `Search Template: None` 

Then the issue happened.

How I fix:

I remove the swimlane query on board then the Active Board error was disappeared.

I change back the config of the Search Template into Freetext Searcher.

Then I re-applied the swimlane query and everything back to normal.

To enhance the statement from @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- above, please check the query of the board, it could be the query of the mainboard or the swimlane query.

This issue happened due to the applied query is lookup to something that unsearchable.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

Good point, I don't often remember to check the searchers on fields, but that is one way to render a search broken - take away the structure being searched and any sane search system is going to go "Eh?  You want me to search something that isn't even there?" and fall over.

marcin.baran December 1, 2020

Hi,

Yesterday I had same problem. In my case remove card colors fix problem.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events