Failed to Create bug in BUGDB from Jira

mohan8 August 6, 2019

Hi All,

I have an Jira Application which is integrated with BUGDB.

Recently I have changed an existing workflow, but after that changes when I try to create a new issue I am getting the below error.

Create bug failed with error: FAIL. Back end operation to create bug failed with error : Invalid 'Reported Release': NO RELEASE Please contact your system administrator.

I don't know where it goes wrong.

Could any one one of you please assist in solving this issue.

Thank You,

Mohan

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

You have not told us anything about the "integration" between Jira and Bugdb (or what bugdb might be).

However, the error seems quite clear to me.  The Bugdn end of the integration seems to be expecting a "reported release", but you have not told Jira to send it that.

I would have a close look at the settings in the integration, check that you are mapping something from Jira to the missing data.  At a very-long-shot guess, I would probably assume that a Jira version is supposed to be sent over, but your changes to the workflow or field configuration have made the field optional, so Jira has nothing to send over the integration.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events