Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel extracting data from JIRA

Nirmalya Mohapatra August 9, 2017

Hi,

I want to extract all user list who are associated with all the projects in our live server.

Because we have almost 6k users are there in live server. So we want to know which user is having against in which project.Hope you are clear my requirement.

Regards,
Nirmalya

4 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

When you say "user associated with project", what do you mean?  Is there a specific level of access you are looking for?  Sometimes people mean the minimal "can read the project", sometimes it's a step up to "can create" or "can transition" or "can do <other actions>"

Once you've decided on that, you then need to read through permissions to work out who matches, which will usually descend into reading groups and roles out as well.

There's no simple way to do that sort of stuff in JIRA.

I quite like the answer at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/List-of-users-in-project-REST-API/qaq-p/536820 although there are more (and just as valid) options over at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Export-Jira-User-List/qaq-p/137823

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply. What I'm looking for, I'm explaining below.

Actually we have almost 6000 users are there in our production server. Out of 6000 users many users are inactive. So we are planning to extract all users and shared to team, those are not using, will delete post verification. Also we wanted to which user is associated with which project. So in excel it should come like this.

User name    Project name

Sandy.a           Poj A

Vidya.g           Project B

Project C

Project C

Rash.y            Project D

Hari.h             Project E 

Like this we want . so that Will come to know which user belongs to which project. Based on that will take a call.

hope you are clear now my requirement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

The format of your output does not really tell me anything new of any use that can get me any closer to a method (although I've also given you methods in my answer)

Could you please read my answer again, and answer the question in it?  And read the links?

As an additional point though, you're doing the wrong thing.  It is a very bad idea to delete users, you should just make them inactive if they are no longer using the system.

Hi,User list.PNG

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply. Please refer the attached screenshot. I would like to extract all the users from there. but If I will take it here and put it in an excel sheet, it will take a lot of time. because I have to go each page that means 6000 users are there. If I will copy from here and put it in excel sheet then I can edit , its possible but ploblem is it will take a lot of time. I'm looking is there any way where I can get all the information by spending less time. Like from DB server by fetching querries or something like that. please help me on it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2017

I can't help you until you answer the questions I have asked.

Please, stop repeating your requirements, I understand those.  I need you to read and respond to the questions I've asked.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2017

We have a tutorial dedicated to this: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/user-export

This is either solves your use case, or can solve that by customizing the Groovy script involved.

excel-user-export

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events