Everything Wrong With Jira

Lukas Eberhart September 30, 2020

So I have always experienced bugs when using Jira. First of all the Software is really slow and I spend the majority of my time on Jira waiting. Also, the story points, as well as this mf text box is messed up as well. The Subtask added to storypoints won't upload. The story points do not get displayed correctly (they always show some random text from a different task). This text box deletes text when I want to add something in between. Now my latest and biggest issue is that I can not even access Jira. This is critical to do my job. I can not believe this software has more bugs than skype 2012!!!

Some real issues here! We are going to use a different Software if this does not get fixed ASAP. 

Also I can not contact support and this is the closest thing I could find to get my message out there. 

2 comments

Comment

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Lukas Eberhart 

You may be facing these problems due to some configuration issues.

I have been using Jira since a long time and haven't faced such issues.

Now, coming to your problems, may be you can share them one by one in detail so that the members here can help you out.

So if we take the problem related to you not being able to access Jira, can you share the error message that you are receiving? If possible, share a screenshot.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

So asking about the problems is a good start to getting them fixed.  It is going to be easier to look at them mostly separately, certainly to get started with:

>the Software is really slow 

Start with a look at what is slow - use the developer tools in your browser to see if it is one or two things in particular or just everything (for example, is it taking ages to download some javascript, or is it taking ages to render?).  Look at the page load times.  Could it be your network speed or latency?

>this mf text box is messed up as well.

I don't know what an mf text box is

>The Subtask added to storypoints won't upload.

I think this means that you are putting story points on sub-tasks and assuming that they should roll up to their parent issue for burn down?  If so, then your assumption is wrong because you do not burn down on sub-tasks.

>The story points do not get displayed correctly (they always show some random text from a different task).

We'll need to see screenshots of that, I'm afraid it is unclear from your description

>This text box deletes text when I want to add something in between.

What text box, what text is it "deleting" and in-between what?

>Now my latest and biggest issue is that I can not even access Jira.

You'll need to talk to your administrators, unless it's just a network problem

>Also I can not contact support

They're on https://support.atlassian.com/contact  assuming you have a tier of Jira that entitles you to support (25+ users)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events