Error while starting JIRA

Asha Joy Kallely June 5, 2017

I have installed JIRA SOFTWARE 7.3.6 and db configuration is also complete. Java path is set to the latest JRE version 1.8.111

While launching JIRA app, getting the below error. Pleasde advise

Error occurred while starting component 'com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentsMonitor'. caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Generic Entity Exception occurred in deleteByAnd (SQL Exception while executing the following:DELETE FROM dbo.clusteredjob WHERE JOB_ID=? (Invalid object name 'dbo.clusteredjob'.))

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Your database appears to be missing a table, but the usual culprit is that the user set up to access the database is not correctly permissioned for the database.  Check that the user has full access to the database (not the admin rights to the whole thing, but the rights to select, insert, index, delete, drop etc on the database for JIRA)

Asha Joy Kallely June 7, 2017

Dear Nic,

Thanks for your response but my problem is still not solved.

I had an existing JIRA installation of version 6.1.7 which is working properly.

My requirement was to install the new JIRA version (7.3.6) on a new server. Installation was completed and i got the existing JIRA databse restored on the new server and pointing my upgraded application to the new one which is not working now

The table which is mentioned in the error is not available in the existing JIRA database as well.

Please help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Could you read my answer past the first sentence please?

Asha Joy Kallely June 7, 2017

Yes Nic. I had checked that as well. The user is having full access on the JIRA DB

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2017

Ok.  Then your upgrade process has gone wrong somewhere, and not created a required table.

You say "Installation was completed and i got the existing JIRA databse restored on the new server and pointing my upgraded application" - that is probably what the problem is.  It sounds like you have been copying things around instead of doing a proper migrate and upgrade.

Could you tell us what you actually did to migrate and upgrade?  Or confirm that the sentence I quoted is literally what you did?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events