Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error uploading an attachment to JIRA server issue

Tecnosylva Spain September 18, 2017

Hi all!

From a time on, we have been expecting a problem uploading attachments to an issue over Jira server.

It only happens over some issues, at first it was over a few ones, but recently we have been expecting this behavior more frequently.

The problem comes when you try to attach any file, an image from the clipboard for example.

When you try to upload it first it pops up the "Attach Screenshot" pop up

AttachScreenshot.png

Then, when you click "Upload" appears the "Attach Files" popup with the label "The maximum file upload size is {0}"

AttachFiles.png

And then if you finally clicks on Attach two error messages prompts saying: "You must specify a filename of the image" and "Screenshot is too large to attach. Attachment is {The file size} but the largest allowed attachment is 0kB"

Error.png

Notice that this only happens on some issues, so, the Attachment size is not set to 0 otherwise we couldn't upload any attachment.

Also this happens only with issues with an attachment already attached.

Can someone figured out what is happening?

Any solution?

1 comment

Andrew Stickler February 14, 2018

FTR, I had the exact same problem today. The Log Analyser pointed me to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-throws-could-not-save-attachment-data-from-stream-when-attempting-to-add-attachments-to-issue-741999503.html?utm_medium=logScan&utm_source=STP, which in turn showed that the permissions were wrong on my JIRA data folder (this system was newly installed and the data migrated from an old server).

I fixed the permissions and the problem was resolved.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events